- two photographic prints (before/after):
- Each 25,5 x 19,8
- signed & numbered / edition of 20
- special edition book:
- published by: People’s Press & Fabrikbooks
- year: 2003
- designed by: Signs & Wonders
- paper: Actic Volume 170 g
- printing: Narayana Press
- no. of edition: 20 / signed & numbered
- ISBN: 8791293642
- price: € 1000 – free shipping within Denmark
Two signed and numbered photographic prints: Nicolai Howalt – Boxer – each 25,5 x 19,8 cm.
The prints comes with the book Boxer in a Special Edition of 20 books in a hard box – also signed and numbered.
Throughout the years of 2000-2003 the artist Nicolai Howalt followed young Danish boys boxing their first match.
Through double portraits before and after the match, Howalt conveys boyhood, puberty and the loss of innocence. Within the scope of boxing, Howalt examines the personal fight between fear and courage, dream and reality, boy and man. In the boxing ring, the boys are left to themselves, being on their own for the first time. Photographing them before and after their first match becomes an exploration of the tantalizing moments in a young man’s life, and thus an exploration of adolescence and rites de passage.