By looking down I see up. By looking up I see down.
- Nicolai Howalt
- With an introduction by: Lars Kærulf Møller, Art Historian
- With an essay by: Anja C. Andersen, Astrophysicist PhD
- Published by: Fabrik Books, Denmark
- Year: Marts 2017
- Designed by: Rasmus Koch Studio
- Format: 35 x 26 cm
- Number of pages: 80
- Number of illustrations: 305
- Embossed printed hardcover
- Number of edition: 800
- ISBN: 978-87-998207-3-3
- Price € 47 + shipping
The unique work of Nicolai Howalt offers the viewer an almost intimate iconography of human existence at its most basic level. Resonating beyond ordinary conventions of photographic representation, these powerful and beautiful images embrace the transitory and unexpected.
Capturing invisible rays of light, ashes of human cremation, and the volatile reactions of primary substances on metals, melding aesthetic techniques and methods with those of the natural sciences, this book presents a rare collection of Howalt’s most recent exploration into vulnerability, exposure and change.